PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully before using this website (the “Site”). These Terms and Conditions may have changed since your last visit to this Site. This Site and the related services are provided by Parallon Business Solutions (“Parallon”) and/or its Affiliates (for purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Affiliate” means any individual or entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Parallon) subject to your compliance with the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visits and use of the Site, as well as to the content, information, recommendations and/or services provided to you on or through the Site. By accessing and using the Site, you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions in their entirety please leave the Site.
1. Use of Site. The information contained within this Site is offered solely for your consideration, and is subject to your verification. It is not to be taken as a warranty or representation for which Parallon or any of its Affiliates assumes legal responsibility, nor does Parallon grant permission to use or practice anything contained therein, nor recommends such use or practice.
This Site is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use information from this Site to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting a qualified health care provider. There is no physician-patient relationship between you and Parallon or its Affiliates arising solely by virtue of the Site. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on the Site. Do not use the Site for medical emergency services. In an emergency, call 911, your personal physician and/or your local emergency assistance number.
2. Description of Site/Minimum Age Requirement. This Site is an online information service offered by Parallon providing information about Parallon and its Affiliates’ goods and services. This Site is not intended for users under the age of 13, and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. Such users are expressly prohibited from submitting their personally identifiable information to this Site, and from using portions of the Site for which registration is required.
3. Ownership of Site and Content Therein.
Copyright © 2020 Parallon. All rights reserved.
This Site, and the information which it contains, is the property of Parallon and/or its Affiliates and licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws.
The contents of this Site may be viewed and accessed only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that all copyright and other proprietary notices are retained on any copies made of the materials. The materials at this Site may not be modified in any way, and may not be reproduced, distributed or used for any public or commercial purpose unless expressly permitted by Parallon in writing. Any use of the materials on this Site for any other purpose is prohibited. Nothing herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of Parallon, or third parties. If you breach any of these terms, your authorization to use this Site is terminated and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed materials.
4. Trademark. All trademarks, service marks and trade names of Parallon and its Affiliates used herein (including but not limited to: HCA, HealthTrust, Parallon, Parallon Business Performance Group, Parallon Business Solutions, Parallon Supply Chain Solutions, Parallon Workforce Solutions, Parallon Workforce Management Solutions, Revenue Cycle Point Solutions) (“Parallon Trademarks”) are trademarks or registered trademarks of HCA Holdings, Inc., Parallon or its Affiliates, unless stated otherwise. You may not use or display Parallon Trademarks for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Site, without Parallon’s prior written consent.
Any other trademarks appearing on third party pages linked to by this site are the property of the respective owners and/or operators of those sites.
5. Links to Other Websites. If there are links to third party websites on this Site, they are provided solely as a convenience. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. Parallon does not claim to have reviewed these third party websites in their entirety, nor does it control these websites. Parallon is not responsible for any of these websites or their content. Parallon is not responsible for any charges or fees associated with financial transactions that may occur on or through a third party website. Moreover, Parallon does not endorse or make any representations about any of the websites for which links are provided, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. The mention of specific products, processes, or services on this Site does not constitute or imply a recommendation or endorsement by Parallon under any circumstances.
The storage or reproduction of (a part of) the Site in any external internet site or the creation of links, hypertext, or deeplinks between this Site and any other internet website, is prohibited without the express written consent of Parallon.
6. Physicians. If physicians are displayed on this Site, they (1) are credentialed to treat patients at our Affiliates’ facilities and to the best of Parallon’s knowledge are in good standing, and (2) can be found in an alphabetical listing or searched based on individual patient needs or preferences. When the search tool is used, physicians are presented randomly based on location to the searcher. Physicians employed by the parent company of the hospital may appear before other physicians.
7. Disclaimer. YOU AGREE TO ASSUME THE RISK OF ACCESSING AND USING THIS SITE. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ADVICE.
PARALLON DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT, OR THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PARALLON DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTEES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, IN EACH CASE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. INFORMATION PUBLISHED AT THIS SITE MAY REFER TO PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEFECT IN OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO CEASE USE OF THE SITE.
PARALLON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW THE WHOLE OR ANY PART OF THE SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE WITHOUT INCURRING ANY LIABILITY.
8. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL PARALLON, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED AT THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH WEBSITES, INCLUDING DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES OR ANY INCORRECTNESS OR INCOMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL PARALLON’S LIABILITY TO YOU RELATING TO THE SITE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
You are prohibited from using the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, illegal, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to civil liability or violate any law. You are also prohibited from using the Site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation. Parallon will have no obligations with respect to such communications. Parallon reserves the right to remove any and all user submissions it deems in violation of these Terms & Conditions.
10. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Parallon, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and Affiliates harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from your use of the Site, violation of these Terms and Conditions, or violation of any third party rights.
YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL LAWS THAT MAY LIMIT THE EFFICACY OF ANY RELEASES CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING THE PROVISIONS OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542.
11. Copyright Violations. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible through our Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify Parallon. The notice must be provided to Parallon’s designated copyright agent and include all of the information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512. As of the date of the posting of this Agreement, the information that you must provide includes: identification of the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed; identification of the material on this Site that you believe infringes the copyright (with sufficient specificity to allow us to locate it); a statement that you believe in good faith that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; a statement that the information you have provided is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright involved or are otherwise authorized to act for the owner; your physical or electronic signature or the signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the allegedly infringed right; and your contact information. Please keep in mind: under section 512(f), any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability. Any claims of copyright infringement concerning this Site should be sent to email@example.com. We will respond to each complaint quickly and diligently. Only copyright complaints should be sent to the above agent. No other communications will be accepted.
12. Forward-Looking Statements. Some statements on this Site are not historical facts and therefore are considered forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934. These forward looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties as which could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by the content of this Site. Forward-looking statements made on this Site are made as of the date of the initial publication and Parallon undertakes no obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements as actual events unfold.
14. Privacy. Parallon is sensitive to the expectation of privacy by those who access this Site. For a complete statement of our policies related to online privacy, please read our Privacy Statement.
15. Choice of Law and Venue. Parallon is located in Nashville, Tennessee. This agreement is entered into and performed in the State of Tennessee and you agree this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, without consideration to the principles of the conflicts of law. Your continued use of this Site, confirms you consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction in the State of Tennessee and venue of the County of Davidson for any state or federal action arising out of the use of this Site or these Terms and Conditions. This agreement does not constitute doing business in any other state than the State of Tennessee.
16. Invalidity and Waiver. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
17. Revisions. Parallon may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please periodically review the terms, conditions, and privacy statements posted on this Site. Continued usage of this Site will be considered acceptance of any changes. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms on particular pages at this Site.
18. Section Titles. The section titles of the Terms and Conditions are merely for convenience and will not have any effect on the substantive meaning of these Terms and Conditions.
19. Contact. Parallon welcomes your questions and comments regarding our Terms and Conditions and anything else on this Site. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Entire Agreement. Except as expressly provided in a particular "legal notice" on the Parallon Site, these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Parallon with respect to the use of the Site and content contained therein.
21. Additional Terms and Conditions for Portal Websites. In the event that as a service to its customers, Parallon also provide websites which offer some customers secure, private access to their own records at Parallon affiliated healthcare provider (“Provider”) facilities, as well as certain internet-based services which may include, among other things, assistance in finding a doctor, assistance in scheduling appointments, the ability to register for classes and pre-register for procedures, and health and patient education materials (a “Portal Website”). Each Portal Website has additional Terms and Conditions which are listed below. Your continued use of a Portal Website will indicate your agreement to be bound by these additional Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these additional Terms and Conditions, you may not access or use the Portal Website, and should exit the Portal Website immediately.
22. Eligibility. In order to participate in the Portal Website, you must be 18 years of age or older or an emancipated minor. Parents of un-emancipated minors may set up accounts for themselves to access their children’s medical records, as may other personal representatives under the applicable law. You may also designate proxies by authorization.
Under state and Federal law, there are certain types of medical information that a parent or guardian of a minor patient may not view without consent of the minor patient. Because of these requirements, the Portal Website may not be available to parents or guardians for certain minor patient’s medical record without the minor patient’s authorization.
Proxy Portal Website enrollment may under certain circumstances require in person enrollment or verification and may require periodic re-confirmation. By setting up a proxy account, you are attesting that (i) any necessary patient authorizations have been provided; (ii) you have completed and/or provided all required documentation to the applicable medical facilities; and (iii) your proxy access complies with applicable law and regulation.
23. Use of the Portal. If a Portal Website is made available, use of such Portal Website is contingent upon your understanding and agreement to all of the following:
24. Provision of Services. If the Portal Website is provided, it is being provided to you as a convenience. Parallon reserves the right to change the Portal from time to time in its sole discretion and Provider has the right to terminate, limit or revoke your Portal access at any time for any reason, with or without notice. This can include cases where Provider determines that it is not in your best interest to continue to have access to the Portal.
Parallon reserves the right to charge for Services in the future. Should such a charge ever be introduced, anyone with a Portal Website account will have the option to discontinue the Service.
Parallon will use reasonable efforts to keep the Portal Website free from error, but Parallon cannot guarantee the completeness, accuracy, availability, reliability or adequacy of the Portal Website’s information. Parallon cannot guarantee the Portal Website itself will be fault-free, and it is in Provider’s sole discretion whether it will attempt to correct reported faults or errors.
25. Electronic Communications. When you visit our Portal Website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You acknowledge that information sent by e-mail may be intercepted by someone unknown to you because of the nature of e-mail, through no fault of Parallon, and you agree to accept this risk. By using the Portal Website or sending e-mails to us or our Affiliates, you consent to receive communications from us or our Affiliates electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Portal Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You further agree that any notices provided by us electronically are deemed to be given and received on the date we transmit any such electronic communication. The contents of any communications using the Site or send e-mails to us may be stored in your medical record.
26. Security. The security of any data you submit through the Portal Website is very important to Parallon. The Portal uses encryption technology, and we periodically review our security practices to help ensure that your data is maintained securely. However, no system can completely guard against risks of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure of information sent to us. Moreover, when you transmit information via the internet, your information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond our control, and the security of the transmission may be compromised before it reaches us. Accordingly, Parallon makes no guarantee as to confidentiality or security. In addition, and to the extent allowed under law, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AND SOLELY ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PORTAL WEBSITE.
In addition, you understand that you are responsible to ensure that your computer has protections against viruses, malware, spyware, Trojan horses, and other types of problematic computer cookies, downloads, or software. Parallon cannot guarantee that your use of the Portal Website will be free of such problems. By using the Portal Website you agree that you will hold harmless, indemnify, and covenant not to sue Parallon for any damage to your computer, laptop, software, or other computer system resulting from your access to or use of the Portal Website.
For other than general information viewing, the Portal must be accessed with a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) compatible browser or terminal (such as the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari). You can tell when you are secure by looking at the location (URL) field. If the URL begins with https:// (instead of http://), the document usually comes from a secure server, however, please consult the specifics relating to use of your particular browser or terminal provided by the developer for specific information as to the use and integrity of secure connections.
The use of distinct user names and passwords provide two additional layers of authentication. As a user of the Portal Website, your role in maintaining the security of your medical information requires you change your password on a regular basis and keep your login ID and password confidential. Accordingly, it is solely your responsibility to prevent the disclosure of your login ID and password, and to change your password if you feel that your security has been compromised. You agree to hold harmless, indemnify, and covenant not to sue Parallon for any injuries to you or your property (whether physical, psychological, reputational or otherwise) resulting from your failure to keep your password secure.
27. Additional Terms for Use of Text Message Notifications
Text Message Terms
We have developed a mobile alert and messaging service that may allow you to receive confirmation or reminders for billing purposes, medical appointments at our facilities, and other communication we may send. In addition to the mobile alert services, you may also receive additional notifications from us. By providing a mobile number that allows you to receive text message or short message reminders and information, you are opting to participate in our mobile alert and messaging service and you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions related to our SMS text notification services. Messages are unencrypted. Unencrypted messages, including email and text messages, may be intercepted or received by unintended third parties, and/or stored or archived by service providers and system operators.
If you do not consent to the information collection and use practices described above, please exit this Site immediately.